Thursday, February 25, 2010

Antique China

    Today is the 79th Tablescape Thursdays over at Between Naps on the Porch, so I thought I would share with a you a recent gathering I had where I used my antique Johnson Brothers green china.

    You might remember that one of my goals of my Butler's Pantry renovation was to build some beautiful glass front cabinets to house these precious antiques. You can read all about the Butler's Pantry here.
    But what good is China if you are only going to look at it behind glass? I decided to set it out for everyone to enjoy. You can see the antique soup tureen above.
    I used Lemon Cypress trees as the centerpiece and pulled out my Apilco chocolate cups for individual arrangements at each place setting. I just put in a spring of greens and some berries.
    You can see the bone dishes on the right - we used these as interesting bread plates.
    And the covered dish held butter pats I made in pretty butter molds. I should have taken a photo of those!
    I'll reveal the rest of the Dining Room on Monday but until then remember to enjoy your china and don't just keep it hidden behind glass.

    Head on over to Tablescape Thursday to see more wonderful tables!!

Post Title

Antique China


Post URL

http://countryhousedesign.blogspot.com/2010/02/antique-china.html


Visit Country House Design for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment